Monday, May 4, 2009

New hammock

I told Jason that I would wait to blog about our new hammock until it was completely finished. Well, it isn't completely finished yet, but it is too pretty to not share with everyone. I am so proud of all his hard work, and it looks great! We were watching HGTV a little while ago and saw this really cool hammock stand. I thought that it would be fun for our backyard, and put Jason to work. He still has to hang the hammock, but that will have to wait until the backyard dries out a bit. As you can also see he built me a raised vegtable garden too. We are waiting for warmer weather to plant our vegtables because I don't want them to freeze. The garden isn't very big, but that is okay because I am not much of a gardner. I wanted to give myself this summer to grow (or kill) a small garden with just a few plants before I committed to a bigger one. The garden looks great too and I am really excited for the warmer weather to be out in our backyard. Now if we could just get the grass to grow faster...




2 comments:

Liz said...

Isn't it great to have husbands who are handy? I think that looks like a great place to read a book during nicer weather!!

Jacob and Edie Goodrich said...

That Hammock stand looks great! Send Jason down here to build one for Edie.