Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cheesy Wild Rice Soup

We had this for dinner tonight, and it was just too good to not share. I hope that everyone enjoys it! Jason told me that it was restaurant quality. That's a pretty good compliment for someone that is still not a very good cook!

Cheesy Wild Rice Soup

1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
4 cups milk
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled

In a large saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in the milk, soup and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.

Notes: It would probably be easier to cook the bacon sometime during the day before making the soup. I also used powdered milk and it turned out really well. It made quite a bit and we didn't eat it all, so I put the leftovers in the freezer for another meal.

2 comments:

Cass said...

I'll have to try this. It sounds good.

Sandra said...

That sounds really good and I love getting new recipes. Thanks for sharing!