Friday, July 23, 2010

Big Horn Trail Run 2010

I ran the Big Horn Trail Run on June 19th, so it has taken me awhile to get these pictures posted. I had been training for this race since December of last year, so when we found out that I was pregnant in March, I decided I was just going to run it and not worry about my time. I am glad that I did. It was a great run, and I feel so good about myself for finishing a 30k run at 18 weeks pregnant. My time was just a little over 5 hours, which I think is awesome considering the downhills were terrible on my knees and I had huge blisters all over my feet. Even though I was hurting the next few days, I would really like to run this race again next year. The weather was beautiful and the race was very well organized.

It doesn't look like it in this picture, but I did finish the race running.
It was so fun to have my baby girls there at the finish with me. Lindsey ran the last little bit with me barefoot, but they wouldn't let her in the finish shoot with me. They did let Megan though.
Soaking my feet after the run. The cold water felt so good!



3 comments:

Cass said...

Good job! I know I couldn't do it. I am so impressed.

Hifam said...

Gina - you are amazing! I didn't know they even had 30k runs. Wow!

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you did this race and that you liked it! See you again next year. Maybe on the 50k? (;