Monday, December 1, 2008

A great Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend with my parents in Cody. Jason spent most of the weekend rabbit hunting with his brother, Jeff, or my brother, Alex. He even bought a new gun. I must be the best wife EVER to let him buy a new gun especially for hunting rabbits! We took advantage of the free babysitting and went to the movies two nights in a row. But the best part of the weekend, in my opinion, had to be horseback riding on Saturday. It was a pretty nice day, so my dad saddled up a couple of horses and we took Lindsey for a ride down the road. She had a blast! She told me, "Mommy, don't get me off the horse!" She would wave to all the other horses that we saw, and she even knew the names of the horses that we were riding. Grandpa rode Chinook, and we rode "black Sioux" (at least that is what Lindsey called her!). After we took Lindsey back to the house, Dad and I had to hook up the horse trailer for a longer ride up Hart Mountain. It felt good for me to be on a horse again. I don't get to do that much lately, and it was really fun. So here are a few pictures from our ride. I have to rub a little salt in the wounds for Eric because he was at work and this is what he would have done to me!

Lindsey and I on "black Sioux".

My dad, Chinook, and Annie. Hart Mountain
Chinook after our ride. She was pretty sweaty!Me, Sioux, and Buddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving. You are a great wife for letting him get a gun "just" for rabbit hunting and so close to Christmas!! My husband is still waiting for his .40 cal for target practice...

Loleen said...

It sounds like you had a great thanksgiving. I am jealous that you got to go horse back riding, it looked like a ton of fun. I miss that a lot.

Cass said...

You make me miss Wyoming! Especially the good ole' Big Horn Basin. When we went water rafting this summer in Cody I thought I would never get enough. Did you get to see Bonda?

3T's said...

I love all of these pictures!! I'm jealous you got to go home!! I've enjoyed reading the stories about Lindsay and the trauma with sticking things up her nose!! I know I shouldn't laugh but its SO funny!! I'm sure I will have some of those of my own so I won't be laughing for long!! Hey can I get your address so I can send you a Christmas card?